Sunday, July 17, 2011

New Ode Poem

Another great ode poem by one of the workshop members:

An Ode to My Glasses:

Fugly little brown-rimmed things
Crooked on my face
I only kept you because I wanted a Driver's License
Couldn't find my Tina Feys
Couldn't find my Lisa Loebs
Couldn't find my Palins
So I stuck with you because it was 9 PM
And my mom was cranky
And I didn't want to spend too much on something I didn't want in the first place
But I can't just shoot out hot anger at you
Because of whose touch I get to wear on my face
Because Hulga Hopewell had glasses
So I hope you won't feel too offended that I've put shiny new contacts in your place
Invisible like magic
Quiet and unassuming on my already cluttered face
Can you blame me for wanting to upgrade?
But don't fret
You'll have your day in the sun
Whenever I'm feeling dry
And in need of your polite distance

No comments:

Post a Comment